Friday, September 16, 2011

jimmy cheezy cocopoof

I know its hard to believe, after the 8+ inches we had with Irene & family, but I have to tell you that we realized it was dry today! This time instead of the burnin hot sun and what not, ( but I don't have to tell you that the sun is at a crazy angle.) The Wind, had a little to do with sucking the moisture outta ...ever ...livin ....thang ...on tha... earth.

Chapped lips, tumbleweeds, dust bowl.

There was much watering of seedlings today. No I wont complain. Because this summer when it was a hundred thousand degrees I was dreamin of a wind, even a hot dry wind. Blow-dryer-wind is what we called it in the SW.

Yes I have no photos this week. I hope I don't bore you. please write & tell me if i do. actually write & tell me anything. any ol thang.

So... I can tell you that we have a fall garden planted. AND that is why I have been somewhat silent. The heaping spoonfuls of soil and seed I am hauling around the garden, yes, me, alone, all me, solo, sans hands..... Oh HI HATTIE!, Oh I was just joking... ha ha, hee... heee? ha? ho? hello?
I'm of course being silly, that happens I am told. We do everything by hand so the brain starts to get giddy.

Hattie plowed her bootie off, making amazing raised beds for planting. Then we compost & level each bed for seed. And then the seeding, by hand mostly. yadda yadda.water, yadda, Its really amazing.

Its a beautiful thing. I am gonna take a photo for you, this week. I AM! i will! I SWEAR!

This is all for you my winter denizens! Never fear ! The Cornucopia of Nourishment is at your door just for the asking. So easy. I bring you yummyness. just ask.

3 comments:

  1. Fun read! THanks for sharing your silliness, D. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beets and Carrots and Kale and Kale and swiss chard and pak choi and haruki turnips and mustard greens, lettuce & arugula... did I forget anything?

    ReplyDelete